I plant my flag. I sit by the warm fire. I see the road traveled so far,fruitful, full of joy and with lovely characters along the way.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Best films ever..

Hi all, 

Every decade, the British Sight & Sound asks an international group of film professionals to vote for their greatest film of all time. The Sight & Sound accolade has come to be regarded as one of the most important of the "greatest ever film" lists. Described as "by far the most respected of the countless polls of great movies-the only one most serious movie people take seriously." 
The first poll, in 1952, was topped by Bicycle Thieves (1948). The Sight & Sound Top Ten Poll 2002:
  1. Citizen Kane
  2. Vertigo
  3. The Rules of the Game
  4. The Godfather and The Godfather Part II
  5. Tokyo Story
  6. 2001: A Space Odyssey
  7. 7. The Battleship Potemkin
  8. Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
  9. 8 1/2
  10. Singin' in the Rain
I must admit. I have not seen any of these movies! Where have a been over the past two decades? I do love watching movies, but I was so surprised to have missed all 10 of these movies that I decided to post the list.

This weekend more reviews. It has been a while, and I can't wait to spend some money in restaurants in and around town and tell you everything about it!

Have a wonderful weekend guys..

Warm Regards,

Abigail Summer
http://www.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/topten/

No comments: